- This is our first official week with everyone in school and all of the activities starting. And I’m already…tired. But I think we are in for a very fun year.
- Emma is incredibly psyched that she has moved up and she is now in the 6-7 year old ballet class. And they get to wear black leotards. Just like the BIG girl ballerinas. It was the highlight of her week I think when we walked into the studio, she was beaming, grinning from ear-to-ear. The en pointe class is after Em’s and she walks out ever so slowly, gawking in obvious awe of the big girls putting their pointe shoes on. She is determined to get to dance on her toes one day.
- She has decided against playing soccer this year, which is actually a-ok with me. I would like her to try out some sports and find a team sport that she enjoys, but there is plenty of time for that. She asked if she could try gymnastics class with Addie and they are both in the same class on Saturday mornings…combined activities, yes! Only one trip and one hour to the gym, that is a-ok with me, too.
- Today Em starts choir again, too. Addie is still too young – although I think she is going to be the one with some musical ability – but Em is very excited to start up. Miss Suzanne swears she can *teach* anyone some rhythm and pitch, but she clearly has never heard me sing. Ah, poor Em. Let’s hope Daddy’s musical awesomeness wears off on her, and not Mama’s tone deafness.
- And tomorrow another mom and I are meeting with the Girl Scouts so we can get a Daisy troop started for our first grade class. I was a Girl Scout and still think it is a fantastic activity for girls. Plus if I can get one started maybe we will be ahead of the game when Addie is old enough. I foresee more combined activities! Double yes! And just think, pretty soon you will all have a direct line to GS cookies! Mmmm…somoas, thin mints, peanut butter patties. You are drooling at the mere mention of them, aren’t you?
- Well, no wonder we are all a little tired this week. But it is already Thursday. And GOOD TV is starting up again! Survivor starts tonight. Every year I say I’m not going to watch it any more, and every year I get sucked back in. It is a guilty pleasure, though. And vegging on the sofa with J., watching TV is something I’m not giving up any time soon.
- Addie and her little friend, who is over for a playdate, are finishing up their painting masterpieces, so I better go survey the mess and figure out if I have enough time for a clean-up before we pick up Em.
Hope you are all having a fantastic Thursday.